Monday, November 2, 2015

Broken Ankle

My husband and I took a walk on our property through the woods. We went up and down hills, over rocks and fallen trees, and over a creek. We found eight different types of mushrooms and walked back to drop them off at the house before proceeding down to the creek to forage for persimmons. I walked towards the picnic table to put down the mushrooms and stepped directly in a hole. I fell over completely loosing all the mushrooms I was carrying in both hands. My husband behind me saw the whole thing and told me I almost hit my head on the picnic table. When I finally could sit up, I was in so much pain. I couldn't put any weight on it. I asked my husband to get me ibuprofen and we headed straight to the emergency room.  Broken fibula. 

Update: although the ER attending thought it was broken, it was not. I was up and walking around within 3 weeks. Still swollen in the area, but I don't even have much of a limp now. Thanksgiving and the day before led to some pain given I'd been on my feet 

No comments:

Post a Comment